Listen to Content of application process of Master of Pastoral Care and Counseling
Master of Pastoral Care & Counseling Application Deadline: MPCC program applications are accepted only in odd-numbered years (2023, 2025, 2027). The next deadline for PhD applicants is March 15, 2025. There is no mid-year entry into AHOS programs.
Please note: Three intensive, week-long in-person Residency courses are required (one before the first Fall term begins, another before the second Fall term begins, and the third before the third Fall term begins). These courses offer students the opportunity to engage in focused academic lectures, group process engagements, skills development training, and individual and group supervision. Accepted students will need to make their Residency travel plans – and reservations for lodging and meals – once the online reservation system is available and after they have received notification of their acceptance to the program.
The following are required as part of the online Master of Pastoral Care & Counseling application:
- Recent full-face photograph of the applicant
- Statement of the reason for application to the program and plan for utilization
- Brief autobiography with an emphasis on church activities
- Official undergraduate degree transcript provided to AHOS by the college/univerisity. Preference given to applicants with at least a minor in psychology or sociology, or a Master of Divinity degree, and 2-3 years pastoral experience, or other helping profession.
- Pastoral Reference: Reference from the applicant’s pastor, or FOR CLERGY, a reference from the applicant’s bishop or pertinent ecclesiastical authority
- Academic Reference: Reference from a professor or academic advisor, speaking to the applicant’s ability to complete a graduate program of study (or, for those who completed their undergraduate education over 10 years ago, a Professional Reference may be submitted in place of the Academic Reference, as long as it attests to the applicant’s suitability for this particular program of graduate study
- Interview with admissions committee member(s)
- Non-refundable application fee of $75 (seventy-five U.S. dollars), payable by credit card through the online application process.